Monday 13 May 2013

Negative - Posititve

"baby don't worry, 'bout a thing cos' every little thing is gonna be alright"

This past month I have been suffering from shingles and I was going to write a post about how shitty it is to have shingles but then figured that that will not help me get through it so i'm going to write a post on.
How to change your outlook on life
from negative to positive:

You have probably been sad for so long that sadness becomes comfortable and you forget  what it's like to be happy and truly be 'fine'.

Now the first step is that you NEED to confide in someone that is :

  1. Trustworthy
  2. Positive
  3. Grounded meaning they don't have problems of their own to sort out, there is nothing worse than pouring your problems onto someone else when they have problems of their own that they need to sort out.
  4. Understanding and helpful









Second step is that you need to find something you can pour your feelings into, when I say this I am saying anything that DOESN'T include you harming yourself.

Self harm is never worth anything.

If you have no clue as to what you could possibly do to let out your emotions to here are some:
  • A yoga class
  • Dance
  • Painting/Drawing
  • Music (writing, finding new music that you enjoy)
  • Sports (I find tennis can let out frustration and swimming is classed as a type of meditation)
  • If you have done something in the past that you thought ooh I liked that go back and do it and make it a priority
  • Put yourself into work this may seem quite boring but it is something that creates a feeling of achievement within.


"Tidy environment=Tidy mind"
Third step
If you spend a night on tidying your room from ceiling to floor I can guarantee that you will feel like you have accomplished something and you will go to sleep happy.

Fourth step is that you have to concentrate on yourself and be selfish obviously unlike all the other steps  this is only temporary until you feel truly happy in life. One of my biggest flaws I think is that I will do ANYTHING to help anyone other that me and although that makes me feel good and feel like I have helped someone out I make my self responsible for their issues which is not good.
If you feel too selfish having your focus on JUST you for weeks maybe do every other week a 'me' week (meek) ;) and plan different thing that you know will make YOU smile.

Last step

Say YES!
Saying yes to things that you wouldn't normally take a chance on. This expands your opportunities you could fall in love, create new friendships, get a job, go skydiving all from saying the word YES!





No comments:

Post a Comment